Thursday, October 20, 2011

How to Organize a Little Drummer

Anyone in the room with our son while he is drumming is required to wear ear protection

I was getting really tired of them laying around on the floor, so I bought these hooks for 99 cents each at IKEA

I love the way the hooks look and the kid is actually putting the ear protectors back on them when he's done drumming!  Success!!!

I also needed a place for his drumsticks.  Do you see how beat up these things are?  We've tried taping them and buying ones that are supposedly indestructible... yeah, he destroyed those too.

The drumstick holder is actually this

I covered it with some paper.  I was too lazy to even go all the way around.

It just so happened this star was sitting on top of the dryer when I went to get my paper cutter out of the laundry room.  Why not?

I drilled it into the wall in two places with some drywall screws.  I can't guarantee this thing will hold up, but I'll keep you updated!

I found these at IKEA too.  They're waste baskets for $1.99 each!  Much cheaper than baskets or bins.

Plenty of toys fit in each one!
This room is finally starting to come together.

And here's a pic of my son taking a pic of the room... I think we have a future blogger on our hands!

"Curtains" go up this weekend!  I use the word curtains loosely... you'll see :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Jamie
Pin It

24 comments:

  1. As a mom of a little drummer myself, I love all of the little details that you have for the "stuff". We just bought a drum kit for my son a few months ago and boy are they noisy! Thanks for the tips. I'm interested to see how the stick holder holds up for you. That's a brilliant idea.

    Rachel
    http://www.holy-craft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Jamie!!! And yay for having the drum set out of your room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the earphones and their hooks. It's way better than having them all over the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great ideas for organizing! It must be a success if he's taking pics as well. ;) What are you doing for the curtains?? I must know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks awesome! Great job!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of hooks for the headphones, this would be a great solution near my desk, where my sons gaming headphones are always right where I need to set my paperwork. I love the set up you have, the red waste baskets and the drumstick holder are great. Great organized room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is looking great! :) I like the idea of hooks for the earphones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an organizational genius! I could use lots of help.. umm so when are you available?
    Thanks for sharing .. your room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice organization tips...I don't think my kids' rooms have every looked that neat and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  10. K love it Jamie! Such clever use of everything. Totally digging the simplicty of the cute star container. Looks so well put together!

    (: Kelli + Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas for organizing a room! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool room sure to inspire your musician!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So awesome, and amazing room. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how perfect! I love how you used those items to make it so organized! And it looks great as well! Thanks for sharing this @ Show & Share! I am so happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a totally rockin' setup for your young musician!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am totally digging this room!! I think I may have just found some inspiration for my son's room. Yay. I LOVE the two gray colors. I'm sure you mentioned it somewhere, but can you tell me the colors of the walls again?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What colors are on the walls? Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello. What colors are used on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Free credit is another important technique for playing online slots games. But that you can win at online slots games. บาคาร่า ออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  21. Slot camps with the most online slots cabinets International quality until popular, everyone must play. sexybacarat

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ashtec's Treasure Game, or the cave girl they call reviewers. It's another game worth trying. pgslot เว็บตรง

    ReplyDelete
  23. The game itself has very high payout symbols scattered within the game itself.welcome pgslot เว็บตรง

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your feedback! Leave a comment and I will write you back (as long as your settings include your email address). Thanks for the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...