Friday, October 19, 2012

White and Wood Nightstands


After the luck I had at our local Salvation Army with the dresser, I thought I'd go looking for some nightstands.  I couldn't fail.  After all, I had my furniture thrifting good luck charm, Andi, with me!  She knows a lot more about furniture than I do and she just has a good eye for this stuff.

Here's what we found for $25 a piece

I really wasn't sure they'd work, but I'm so glad I took a chance!  I really wanted something that would tie the dresser I just refinished

together with our white headboard
that's the headboard in our old house, but you get the idea.

It was super quick and easy to fix the nightstands up.  Just a little cleaning on/in the drawers and then some white spray paint on the perimeter of them.

I love how they turned out!

I can't wait to reveal more of the bedroom.  Only a couple short weeks ago, it was a sad, depressing place to go.  Now it is feeling like a calming haven for us.

What do you think of the white with the wood?  Weird?  Wacky?  Wonderful?  Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Jamie

This post is linked here:  Today's Creative Blog Blue Cricket Design Kurtz Corner Mommy by Day Crafter by Night Cherished Bliss Lines Across My Face Southern Lovely Bear Rabbit Bear French Country Cottage Craft Junkie Too DIY Home Sweet Home Saved by Love Domestically Speaking Funky Junk Interiors Homemaker on a Dime Eisy Morgan The Answer is Chocolate Making the World Cuter Craft-O-Maniac lolly jane 504 Main I Heart Naptime Singing Three Little Birds mad in crafts House of Hepworths Somewhat Simple Chic on a Shoestring Keeping it Simple Be Different Act Normal Sew Can Do Sew Chatty Pinkapotamus The Girl Creative Flamingo Toes Tatertots and Jello Sisters of the Wild West Reasons to Skip the Housework Giggles Glitz and Glam Tip JunkieThe Trendy Treehouse Ladybug Blessings Night Owl Crafting Tea Rose Home My Girlish Whims Allie Makes Gluesticks Thrifty 101 Momnivores Dilemma A Little Knick Knack Miss Mustard Seed Freckled Laundry kojo designs A vision to remember Primitive and Proper 733 Rook no 17 Home Stories A to Z Naptime Crafters Whipperberry delightful order blissful and domestic elizabeth and co diy by design gingersnap crafts>my repurposed life

21 comments:

  1. it looks pretty to me! i'm not sure if i've seen a lot of like this and that makes it unique!

    the important thing is, you love how it turned out!

    huggies***
    smartmomma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool...and different. Say "hi" to Andi for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good. I have been pretty lazy and haven't done any refinishing. You have inspired me. That dresser is magnificent and you were so luck to find it. MOST EXCELLENT! The nightstands were just the perfect touch. What a good eye you have. They look unique now, and before they looked very typical. It does tie it all together with the Brasilia headboard and dresser. This is a bedroom set that I would love to have in my home. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. You could really tie the brown and white together by attaching white & brown drawer pulls to the center of each square, whether they be decorative, functional or both. I typed in a google search box brown and white drawer pulls images and came up with a lot of cool pulls, and this is my favorite.
    http://www.homeportfolio.com/catalog/Product.jhtml?prodId=193587

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every bride should feel beautiful on her wedding day. read this blog Although spectacular hair and makeup can help you to feel that wedding-day glow, it all starts with the dress. As you begin planning your nuptials, trying see this on wedding dresses is a big part of the process! Most brides-to-be look through magazines or online forums to get an idea of what they want. But, sometimes best way to find the dress of your dreams see is by identifying a type of style that you know looks flattering find this on you. What does business casual mean? It can vary depending on the company and work environment, but generally, it is less formal than traditional business attire, but professional see this enough to be appropriate for work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suggest good information in this message, click here.
    ierras-ludicas
    livedraughts

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really is really nice to go through..useful article is excellent to browse..many thanks lots!สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  8. many thanks for the tips and information..i really recognize it..สล็อต 999

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your this write-up even though hunting for some linked info on web site search...Its a very good publish..retain submitting and update the data.สล็อตวอเลท

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks for sharing the submit.. moms and dads are worlds ideal human being in Every single life of unique..they will need or need to do well to maintain requires in the relatives.บา คา ร่า วอ เลท

    ReplyDelete
  11. Took me the perfect time to read the many reviews, but I actually savored the write-up. It proved to become Quite handy to me And that i am certain to all of the commenters right here! It’s normally good when you can not merely be knowledgeable, but will also entertained!บา คา ร่า วอ เลท

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent survey, I'm positive you are acquiring a good response.สล็อตเว็บใหญ่

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, awesome submit. I would like to jot down such as this far too - getting time and true exertions to produce an incredible short article... but I set factors off an excessive amount and hardly ever manage to start out. Thanks though.บา คา ร่า วอ เลท

    ReplyDelete
  14. You delivered these a formidable piece to go through, supplying each individual subject matter enlightenment for us to achieve information and facts. Thanks for sharing these information with us resulting from which my a number of ideas are cleared.สล็อตทรูวอเลท

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful post. I used to be examining consistently this blog and I am impressed! Very valuable details specifically the last section I take care of this sort of facts quite a bit. I was trying to get this distinct information for an exceedingly long time. Thanks and good luck.สล็อตแตกง่าย

    ReplyDelete
  16. I believe This really is an useful article and it is very effective and professional. Consequently, I would want to thank you with the endeavors you have designed in composing this text. All the articles is totally nicely-investigated. Many thanks...สล็อตxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fairly pleasant submit. I just stumbled on your weblog and desired to mention that I have seriously liked searching your blog posts. All things considered I’ll be subscribing to the feed And that i hope you produce once more soon!เว็บตรงสล็อต

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, great submit. I would love to draft like this also - using time and actual labor for making an awesome article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that i'm likely to write down quickly.เกมสล็อต

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fairly pleasant submit. I just stumbled on your weblog and desired to mention that I have seriously liked searching your blog posts. All things considered I’ll be subscribing to the feed And that i hope you produce once more soon!สล็อต เว็บ ตรง

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your feedback! Leave a comment and I will write you back (as long as your settings include your email address). Thanks for the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...